12 Things To Know About Rap's New It Girl

May 2024 ยท 1 minute read

The "Buss It" challenge was all the rage on TikTok in 2021, so a lot of folks participated, including celebrities. Ice Spice joined in on the fun before she was famous, going viral for her smooth transition and stunning looks displayed in the challenge. In fact, the attention that Spice got from "Buss It" the first time around inspired her to record her own raps, she shared with The New York Times. And surprise, surprise, after "Munch (Feelin' U)" was released, the TikTok clip resurfaced and went viral again. 

The challenge, which started when Texas rapper Erica Banks' song "Buss It" grew to popularity, shows people first dancing in casual attire to Nelly's song "Hot in Herre" before switching to dressier clothing and twerking to Banks' "Buss It." In Spice's video, she's wearing black shorts, a black top, and rocking a head scarf.

Then in a barely-there green number, she begins twerking. To say that people loved the clip wouldn't be doing their reaction justice. "ice spice's buss it challenge cured my depression im pretty sure," one person tweeted. Meanwhile, someone else wrote, "After watching Ice Spice 'Buss it' challenge, I think I might show some support for her music." 

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7r7XCpKCsr5mbwW%2BvzqZmampkbX1zhY6imp5lo6W2pLGMrZ%2BippeoeqKuzq6rZqqRpcBuusSwZKKsXZy2s7iO